Rhythm & Booms Survey
In September, 2011, Rhythm & Booms conducted a survey of 5,000 random residential households in the 53704 zip code which includes the surrounding Warner Park neighborhoods, and it was also sent via email to WKOW viewers and WOLX-94.9FM listeners. We received 375 responses from the 53704 mailing (a 7.5% response rate), which is considered very good, and 229 responses from the WKOW/WOLX member base.
A summary of the survey:
• 66% of the respondents saw Rhythm & Booms in 2011
• 52% of those who saw the event went to Warner Park
• The majority of those who did not go to Warner Park stayed away because of traffic and large crowds.
• 66% of the respondents feel that the event should continue (including 62% of North side residents) with support from the City, Over 60% of all respondents state that the City should provide 10% or more of the funding for the event.
• 60% also feel that Dane County should contribute to the event and, 67% feel that 10% or more should be funded by Dane County.
• City services (Fire, EMS, Police) received excellent ratings (4.26 out of 5 points).
Also included in the report are all of the verbatim comments from respondents. Many are favorable (highlighted in green), some are constructive suggestions, and some are critical.
For the full survey results, click here.